🌟Job Opportunity 🌟
CAS Assembly Tooling and Services – Job opportunity.
Job Description – Tool Crib Technician Gaydon, Warwickshire
CAS Assembly Tooling and Services is a market leader in the supply, installation, and servicing of industrial power tooling. We have a great team working all over the UK and we are recruiting for a technician to repair, service and support tooling based in a Tool Crib at a leading automotive OEM in Gaydon, Warwickshire.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assessing and testing various pneumatic tools.
- Fault diagnosis for a range of power tools.
- Repairing a range of pneumatic, hydro-pneumatic and battery powered tools.
- Carrying out routine maintenance on industrial power tooling.
- Record details of all repairs carried out and parts used etc.
- Stock inventory management to ensure critical spares are replenished.
- Basic knowledge of excel, word and other computer-based programs for data entry.
A mechanical or maintenance background would be an advantageous but not essential as full training will be given. Route for progression may involve training to develop the following skills and competencies.
- Assessing and testing various electric tools.
- Fault diagnosis for a range of electric tools.
- Configuration of DC Tooling systems with Wi-Fi communications.
- Carrying out annual service and calibrations on DC tooling systems.
- Providing Line technical support for customer production teams.
Much of the work involves mechanical disassembly, inspection, identification of worn or damaged parts and replacing these. The tools are then tested and in some cases the calibration of their transducers checked and amended where necessary.
Our customer has a wide range of hand tools for which CAS are responsible for within the customers assembly facility located in Gaydon, Warwickshire. Part of this role will involve occasional rotations to the customers sister site in St Athan, South Wales being required. Some of the tools are Pneumatic, others are mains powered and the rest are battery powered via Lithium-Ion type power pack.
The more advanced tooling systems are connected to the customers high level production control systems and may need to be replaced and reconfigured with Wi-Fi and other parameters to function correctly.
We have a simple reporting system where data for each tool visited is entered into a spread sheet. This raw data is then collated and reported directly to the customer so competence in data entry is important.
This role is based within our customers assembly facility forming part of their mission critical team, so professionalism and customer care are paramount to the successful development of any applicant taking on this opportunity.
The role will include a shift rotation pattern such as early, day shift and late shifts. There may be occasions that overtime will be required on weekdays and or weekends to support the customers production schedules. Please note that some tools are heavy so a degree of manual labor and lifting will be required. You will be required to always adhere to the customers health and safety policies and procedures. A simple Site induction will be carried out prior to gaining access to the customers site as your normal place of work.
- A full British driving licenses is essential to this position due to the location of customers sites.
- There are excellent facilities on this site which are available to all CAS employees.
- The salary band for this role is £22,000 – £24,000 with an increment on completion of probation.
- Salary is negotiable dependent upon experience and relevant skill sets.
- Projected Start Date for these positions will be Monday 1st of May 2023.
To apply for the CAS Assembly Tooling and Services – Job opportunity, please contact Matt Brooke at firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date 10/03/2023.